Eddie Miller working with homestay family on project in Costa Rica.
Looking for a rewarding — and unique — opportunity to engage with rural communities in Mexico and Central America? Then sign up for an innovative Field Study experience with CAN. You will:
- stay with a local host family
- engage with local community organizations and groups in your host community
- contribute to a local project with your host organization.
These projects vary widely, depending on the partner community you choose. Read each program description carefully.
- Our programs are typically 10 weeks long based on one quarter of study. Length can be adjusted according to semester schedules or other needs.
- You are required to attend three (3) orientation sessions prior to your Field Study experience.
- When you return, you are required to attend a re-entry meeting and fill out a program evaluation form.
- A $100 dollar deposit is required. This depost will be returned after we receive your evaluation.
- Total price for a Field Study experience is $2500 for a 10 week program.