Board of Directors (2013 - 2014)
- Stephen Gliessman, Chair
Environmental Studies Department
University of California, Santa Cruz
- V. Ernesto Mendez
Assistant Professor of Agroecology & Environmental Studies
Environmental Program and Plant & Soil Science Department
University of Vermont in Burlington
- Christopher Musselwhite
President and CEO Discovery Learning
- Roseann (Rose) Cohen: Executive Director of CAN, Rose holds a Ph.D. from the Environmental Studies Department at the University of California, Santa Cruz, with a specialization in Latin American and Latino Studies. Her research has focused on the sociocultural significance of farmers' relationship to their crops and land, as well as the impacts of insecure land tenure, forced displacement, and violence on farming communities in Colombia.
- Heather Putnam: Associate Director of CAN, Heather is a doctoral candidate in the Geography department at the University of Kansas where she has focused her research on coffee, alternative trade, environment and development, East Africa, and Latin America. Heather has worked with the CAN partner community in Matagalpa, Nicaragua at the UCA San Ramon coffee cooperative.
- Pete Rasmussen: Director of Action Education, Pete joins the CAN team after starting and managing a successful garlic and vegetable farm for eight seasons. Rasmussen brings with him a passion for agroecology education, with local experience as a school garden educator in Oakland, California and international experience in farmer-to-farmer exchange programs in Cuba. Pete is a University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) alumni, educated and inspired at the campus' Center for Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems (CASFS).
- Victor Castro: Marketing Coordinator of CAN, Victor received his B.A. in Environmental Studies from the University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC). As a CAN intern at UCSC, Victor helped develop and implement a campus expansion campaign for his senior project. In Fall 2012, CAN successfully launched its campus expansion at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, California).
Friends of CAN (FoCAN) Leadership Team
The following students lead a student-action group at the University of California, Santa Cruz to promote food systems sustainability.
- Benjamin Valdez, FoCAN Coordinator
- Candice Rebollo, FoCAN Action Education Coordinator
- Ian Krohn, Outreach & Farmers Market Cart Coordinator
- Suraya Arslan AgroEco® Coffee Marketing Assistant
- Andrew Ngo, FoCAN Webmaster
- Hector Perla, Faculty Sponsor (Latin America and Latino Studies Department)